2022 House of Delegates (Indiana District of Kiwanis)
June 10th, 7am-9am
Indiana Convention Center, Room #104-106
Announcement (Published May 9, 2022)
As you know, in October 2019, the Kiwanis International moved to prorated dues and eliminate the new member add fee and charter member fee. We are introducing an amendment to the Indiana District Bylaws to comply this transition. We will also conduct elections of 2022-23 Governor and Governor-elect.
Announcement of proposed amendment to the Indiana District Bylaws
– Prorated dues replacing new member add fee and charter member fee
Election of 2022-23 Governor, Indiana District of Kiwanis
Election of 2022-23 Governor-Elect, Indiana District of Kiwanis
You can find the Indiana District Bylaws and District-Policies-and-Procedures here: https://www.indkiw.org/indiana-district/
Certificate of Election of Delegates and Alternates (For the Indiana District)
Please have your club fill out the delegate form and Mail completed original form by June 3, 2022 to:
Indiana District Kiwanis—3636 Woodview Trace, Suite 100—Indianapolis, IN 46268
At any district convention, each club shall be entitled to seat up to three (3) delegates, two (2) of whom should be the club president and president-designate, as well as nominate three alternates who may serve if any delegate is absent.
Club delegates and alternates shall be active members of the clubs they represent. However, the Lieutenant Governor or a past Lieutenant Governor from a club in good standing may represent any club in good standing in their division not otherwise represented by three delegates.
Delegates shall be elected by each club prior to the convention and certified to the district by the club president and secretary. Current or past Lieutenant Governors representing a club may be certified by the Credentials Committee or its designee.
All officers and Past Governors of the district who are active members of a club in the district shall be delegates-at-large
to all district conventions.
One of the traditions of the Indiana District is honoring recently deceased Kiwanians. Please use this form to notify the District Office of members of your club who passed away in the last year. We rely upon clubs to report this information so that we may list these names in the memorial program.
2022 Indiana District Mid-Year Conference
Thank you for attending the Mid-Year Conference!! More than 200 members registered and enjoyed fellowship, shared ideas and had a great time together!
Here are the presentations from our speakers.
Learn how to strengthen your Kiwanis Club’s impact on your community, support Riley Hospital for Children, and improve the lives of children in Indiana. Share your ideas and enjoy fellowship with fellow Hoosier Kiwanian! And we are honored to have Peter Mancuso, Kiwanis International President, with us too!
Date: March 19, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Place: Fishers Conference Center, 9775 N By Northeast Blvd, Fishers, IN 46037
Please bring five copies of your club brochure to the conference.
We will be using them throughout the conference.
7:30 – 8:30 (@ Hilton Garden Inn)
- Past Lt. Governor Association (PLGA President, Paul Sciarra)
9:00 – 9:50
- Opening Statement, Indiana District Governor, Taka Ogata
- 2021-22 Vision, Kiwanis International President, Peter Mancuso
- Kiwanis International Trustee, Dave Hurrelbrink
- Indiana District Governor-Elect, Bruce Andrews
- Circle K Governor, Kyle Stowers
- International Convention Committee Chair, Kris Bowers
10:00 – 10:50
- Steve Chupp, Goshen Club
- Ahna Campos, Valparaiso Noon Club
- Marge Crouch, Lawrence Sunrise Club
- Steve & Nita Granger, Kokomo Golden K Club
- Mike Kincade, Lebanon Club
11:00 – 11:50
- Kiwanis International Trustee Candidate, Steve Ingram
- Kiwanis Children’s Fund District Chair, John Lightle
- Indiana Foundation President, Jim Smith
- Kiwanis International Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Chair, Vanessa McClary
- Indiana District DEI Chair, Charles Payne
- Key Club Governor-Designate, Louis Gallegos
- Service Leadership Program, KI President Peter Macuso
11:50 – 13:15 (LUNCH)
- Invocation, Human and Spiritual Value Chair, Felicia Dixon
- Governor Elect Candidates
- Riley Children’s Foundation CEO, Liz Elkas
- Riley Children’s Foundation Community Fundraising Events Coordinator, Mel Sexton
- Riley Parade of Bear / Checks, Fundraising Chair, David Dixon (Bring your check!)
- 2020-21 Award Ceremony, Immediate Past Governor, Martyn Furnish
13:30 – 14:10
- Breakout Room 1: (KI Central Area Coordinator, Brad Boyd) Membership Boost : Planning
- Breakout Room 2: (K.I.D.S. Committee Chair, Denny Yoder) Riley Workshop 1
- Breakout Room 3: (District Leadership Development Coordinator, Beth Miller) Club Officers Q&A
14:20 – 15:00
- Breakout Room 1: (Brad Boyd) Membership Boost: Execution and Followup
(smartphone, tablet or PC can be helpful, but not necessary)
- Breakout Room 2: (Denny Yoder) Riley Workshop 2
- Breakout Room 3: Kiwanis Leadership Talk
15:10 – 15:50
- Breakout Room 1: (Brad Boyd) Membership Boost: Exercise
- Breakout Room 2: (Key Clubbers) How to use Social Media
- Breakout Room 3: (Chairman, Kevin Rowland) Past Governors Meeting
16:00 – 16:30
- Closing Statement, Governor Taka Ogata