Reach Out Indiana (Oct. 2023 – Sept. 2027)
Indiana Kiwanians have committed to raising $1,000,000 over the next four years to establish Accessible Mental Health Services for Kids and Teens in Indiana.
The Indiana District of Kiwanis is joining Riley Children’s Health to take on the alarming rates of youth suicide, depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions devastating our state’s children and teens.
Delivering Hope and Health (2019-2023)
Indiana has a high infant mortality rate. Did you know over 600 infants die before their first birthday in Indiana?
Indiana Kiwanians have committed to raising $1,000,000 over the next four years to establish a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist Endowment to ensure that every mother and baby in Indiana has access to the best possible prenatal and postnatal care. And lower Indiana’s infant mortality rate. This Endowment will continue to provide this support in perpetuity.
Through the Maternal-Fetal initiative, Riley aims to provide:
- Earlier diagnoses of fetuses with congenital anomalies
- More immediate diagnoses and care for moms carrying high risk pregnancies
- Improved infant survival rates.
Kiwanis clubs and individual Kiwanians can do the following:
- Raise awareness about Indiana’s mortality rate and current efforts to improve it
- Educate your community about the “ABCs of Safe Sleep” to prevent sleep-related infant deaths
- Host at least one local fundraiser for Riley annually